There’s no question that a well designed aesthetically pleasing office will impress clients and add credibility to your business. However, it is the deeper effects of a positive workspace that reign supreme. It will improve morale, increase productivity, encourage talented individuals to work for your company and ultimately make coming to work everyday a highly enjoyable experience.
Considering that Australians are spending more of the week in the office than ever before, it’s important to create a space with a mix between comfort, practicality and innovation.
Here are some general tips for the design and layout of your workplace:
- When choosing a space, look for one that offers flexibility with the layout and design
- Group people together based on the functions they perform
- Ensure that work surfaces are big enough to accommodate files and other documents.
- Use chairs fit for purpose, for example when working at a computer you should almost always either be standing or sitting on a chair with castors
- Good lighting may reduce muscle problems and eyestrain
- Place workstations near frequently used office equipment, such as fax machines and printers
- Include communal spaces in your office layout as these breakout areas provide employees a place to meet, collaborate and recharge their batteries.
A fresh office space can foster new beginnings for your organisation and ultimately expand your client base .The end of the year is fast approaching…come check out our office furniture showroom.