Laptops and tablets have freed us from the confines of our desk and now we have more options than ever about where we work, correspondingly creating a number of different workspaces throughout the office has become crucial.
Of course, it’s not practical to work away from our desks all the time, but everyone should have the flexibility to work in different areas to concentrate more easily, work with a team or jump into a teleconference.
An ideal office should consist of many informal and formal workspaces; here are the essential spaces:
1. The Main office – A place where employees spend the majority of their time, this space should be designed to encourage activity based work using an open planned layout.
2. Conference Rooms – A place to work in private, with a team or alone, it should be a quiet, enclosed and free of daily office distractions.
3. Breakout Space – A relaxed l informal pace where staff can sit comfortably on lounges, ottomans or café chairs and either get to work on their laptops or make a call whilst having a coffee in comfort. Our Hush lounges are a popular choice for this area!
4. In-office breakout Space – An area within the office where teams can meet to have quick informal meetings, bounce ideas off one another, or run through their daily tasks. These are becoming more and more popular and can be created using either counter tables with stools, lounges and ottomansor small conference tables. A place to host more formal meetings with clients and staff
5. Boardroom – A place to host more formal meetings with clients and staff