Many of us spend so much time in the office that it can be considered a second home, so it’s vital to ensure your workplace is a welcoming and desirable place to work. Here are some tips to help you achieve the perfect workplace:
1. Build Breakout Spaces - These spaces should almost resemble your favourite café, they should be created with the intention of creating a space for employees to relax on their breaks. The greatest breakout spaces include funky tables and chairs, along with plush casual seating such as ottomans and lounges. Vibrant and fun colours often feature prominently in these spaces and give the rooms an uplifting and fresh feel.
2. Set the Mood - Ensure that the overall ambience of the office satisfies the 5 senses. Incorporating feel good colours, plants, light music and adequate lighting will all help achieve the right mood. Also an office that is either too hot or too cold is hard for anyone to bear so keep your air-con temperatures in check.
3. Choose Comfortable Furniture - If your staff are sitting on poor quality uncomfortable office chairs, they probably can’t wait to get home! Investing in ergonomic chairs will be the greatest investment you’ll ever make in your staff, they’ll feel much more comfortable and happier for it.
4. Clear the Clutter - An untidy office is never inviting. Provide staff with adequate storage to ensure they can neatly file away their paperwork and other items. A pleasant vibe will never be hard to achieve if they are sitting in a pile of unorganised paperwork.
5. Try an Open Plan Layout - Being crammed into a small space all day can be uncomfortable. Every employee should have enough space to work comfortably, open planned offices help achieve this, they also look great, encourage teamwork and facilitate for communication.