1. Work on important tasks in the morning - studies have proven we’re most alert and full of energy in the few hours after waking so use these hours wisely and tick off those important tasks as you sip on that morning coffee.
2. Change your mind set – The most productive people have a positive mindset they are able to use ‘motivating self talk’ to help them power through long to do lists, overwhelming and stressful situations.
3. Take regular breaks – Taking scheduled breaks can improve concentration and help you maintain a constant level of performance.
4. Learn how to multitask - In a world where distractions and long to do lists are inevitable learning how to successfully multitask plays an essential role in being productive.
5. Set yourself deadlines – Try giving yourself a set amount of time to get tasks done and stick to it.
6. Tame your inbox – If replying to or disposing of an email takes less than two minutes, do so straight away. Also try building times into your day to check your emails rather than having the email notifications distracting you constantly.
7. Keep a to do list – Keep two lists, one for short term must-dos and one for longer term items. To do lists will help you nut out which tasks to tackle and ensure no task is forgotten.
8. Clear your desk – Spend the last few minutes of your day cleaning off your desk. Throw away what you don’t need out and file any things you do need.
9. Embrace technology – Take advantage of applications that will make your work life easier and save you time.